Tired of struggling with messy ice buckets or constantly having to return to fridges and freezers to keep your samples cool? Isofreeze® tube racks from Lasec® and Scientific Specialties Inc. (SSI) are the solution you’ve been searching for.
The Isofreeze® range of laboratory tube racks, available in various sizes, colours and configurations, allows you to keep your samples at hand while maintaining the temperature of your cold or frozen samples for hours outside of the fridge or freezer:
Colour change racks:
The colour change racks, available for PCR or Microcentrifuge tubes, can simply be put in the freezer for a few hours prior to use; the rack will change to its cold colour. Once on the bench it will gradually return to its warm colour, allowing you to see at a glance how cool your samples are. Once the temperature of the rack reaches 7 degrees C, the rack will have completely changed back to its original warm colour.
- PCR racks are suitable for 96 individual 0.1 or 0.2ml PCR tubes, or tubes in strips, or a single 96 well PCR plate, keeping samples within them at a temperature below 4 degrees C for at least 3 hours with the lid on.
- Microcentrifuge tube racks can be used to keep up to 24 x 0.5, 1.5 or 2ml snap or screw cap tubes cool, at a temperature below 4 degrees C for 3 and a half hours with the lid on.
These temperature maintenance racks are filled with an inert, nontoxic gel, and supplied in 2 temperature ranges, easy to identify by colour, and made from tough polycarbonate.
- The white rack maintains a zero-degree temperature for at least 5 hours
- The blue rack is for -20 degrees, maintaining its temperature between -10 and -20 degrees for 3 hours.
- One side of the racks can fit up to 20 x 0.5ml tubes
- Flipping the rack over, the other side holds 20 x 1.5 or 2.0ml tubes.
Which Isofreeze® rack solution is right for you?
- Megan Cunnama, Product Manager - Consumables