The fact that Labcon® was the first company to produce hinged pipette tip racks in 1985, speaks to their wealth of experience in the manufacture and supply of plastic laboratory products. Specifically, they are one of the leading tip manufacturers worldwide when it comes to pipette tips and aerosol filter tips.
8 Reasons why Labcon® Aerosol barrier tips should be your go-to filter tip:
- Labcon® offers multiple tip options, to fit all the major brands of pipettors
- Each type of tip is tested to fit the range of pipettors as listed in the compatibility charts available here. The fit is tested on actual pipettors, not just using measuring gauges.
- Tips are made of high-quality virgin polypropylene, polyethylene or polystyrene. Certified free of BPA, phthalates and cytotoxic effects.
- Each rack is labelled with a volume range, lot number and product number. These can be used to obtain compliance, sterility and testing certificates.
- Certified free of ATP, Nuclease (DNase, RNase) and endotoxin (Pyrogen) DNA and protease. This certification also covers the filter itself.
- 10 μm pore size filters, smaller than most other aerosol filters, guaranteeing the cleanliness of the pipettor barrel.
- Autoclavable at 122ºC for up to 15 minutes at 15psi. This is a potential game-changer as it means if you don’t use the entire box, you can re-sterilize the tips and the filters will not warp.
- Eclipse refills are available. This option offers a greener solution with less plastic packaging allowing you to conserve environmental resources.
Apart from their proven track record for producing high quality disposable plasticware, one of our favourite reasons to choose Labcon® is their commitment to sustainable manufacturing practices and the pursuit of Earth Friendly® sustainable labware solutions. With over 33% of their production powered by solar panels and a number of their signature laboratory products specifically designed with sustainability and recycling in mind, Labcon® is leading the way in “going green in a plastic world”.
Choose Labcon® filter tips from Lasec® - we guarantee you won’t regret your decision.
Visit Labcon® at the Lasec® stand at analytica Lab Africa 2019.
- Megan Cunnama, Product Manager - Consumables