Fire safety, prevention of explosions and protection against toxic vapours should be top-of-mind for anyone working with chemicals or hazardous materials in the workplace.
Here are 5 ways Lasec® can help to keep you safe:
- Flammable Storage Cabinet: Compliant to SABS standard SANS54470-1:2017 as well as EN14470-1 means that these flammable cabinets offer maximum fire safety. It takes more than 90 minutes of exposure to a fire before the temperature inside rises to dangerous levels that could cause ignition of flammables, ensuring enough time for evacuation.
- Chemical Storage Cabinet: For safe storage of acids and alkalis offering optimal safety for the storage of non-flammable, aggressive hazardous materials.
- Fume Hoods: Actively shielding operators from inhaling toxic vapours while handling chemicals and dramatically reducing the risk of fire and explosion.
- Explosion Proof Equipment: Certified ATEX equipment including vacuum pumps, balances and scales as well as fridges and freezers suitable for use in explosive environments.
- Health and Safety Training: CPD- accredited experimental lectures on the topic of ‘Hazardous Materials: Knowing and Avoiding the Risks’.
Our team of highly trained experts can assist with assessment of risks associated with chemicals and recommend solutions to improve your workplace safety.
Do you feel safe in your workplace? Send your thoughts to email@example.com.
- Kylie Davis, Portfolio Manager - Instruments